Project:About/Metabase vs Wikidata
While working on the Metabase project, we have encountered several major differences between Wikidata and a Wikibase Cloud instance. Experienced Wikidatans are used to features, such as gadgets and user scripts, that are not available in Wikibase Cloud. We list some of those differences below.
- Lack of property constraints
- We're using Template:Rules as a substitute. It's still not as effective or user-friendly as automatic constraint warnings.
- Lack of support for gadgets.
- Images from Wikimedia Commons are not shown.
- Lack of Extension:WikibaseCirrusSearch. This means it's not possible to run searches like haswbstatement:P180=Q146.